Literally the best ever stuffing recipe! Easy, hearty, and so delicious!
For the longest time I thought I didn’t like stuffing. Either it was too mushy or the flavor was lacking, I just couldn’t seem to find a recipe that I loved. Then, my Mom came up with this recipe and I was totally sold! Best stuffing recipe ever. It is super flavorful and delicious, and perfectly textured in my humble opinion!
Our Latest Videos
Mmm! So good! You ready for the best easy stuffing recipe?!
Best Stuffing Recipe
Best Easy Stuffing Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 box + 4 cups Mrs. Cubbisons Herb Seasoned Stuffing
- Butter a 9x13 casserole dish. Brown sausage in large stock pot and break up into crumbles and set aside on a plate.
- In the same pot add butter, onions and celery on medium high heat and sauce until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium low and add chicken broth, seasoning, and stir until well mixed.
- Remove from heat and add sausage back to pan and stir until mixed. Add stuffing and GENTLY fold into broth mixture. Add more stuffing 1 cup at a time until your desired consistency is achieved. You don't want too much liquid or it will be mushy. You basically want just enough liquid to moisten stuffing crumbs. Be careful to not over mix as that could also make stuffing mushy. If stuffing seems to dry, add a small amount of broth a little at a time.
- Put stuffing into your buttered casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees uncovered until heated through and top is just becoming crunchy (about 20 minutes depending on your oven).
Well there you have it! If you love this stuffing I’d love if you would leave us a good review in the comments!
Happy Thanksgiving everybody- I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!