One bite of our Cheesy Chicken and Rice Slow Cooker Meal will have you adding it to your dinner rotation. This easy chicken casserole is as easy to make as it is amazing!
What’s up, Pretty Providence readers?! It’s Mandy back again with an addicting slow cooker recipe that you will not be able to stop making: Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole. It’s one of my favorite things to make in a slow cooker. For real. I first made it as a regular casserole a few years ago, which you can see here—-> on Mandy’s Recipe Box. I don’t know why it’s taken me so long to post the slow cooker version. Wait I know why… I have four kids. That’s what I say for everything. “I have 4 kids.” Kids keep me so busy! Gosh. It’s like they feel that they need to be fed, clothed and kept from playing with knives all the time or something.
Our Latest Videos
Ingredients for this Chicken and Rice Slow Cooker Meal
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- can cream of chicken soup
- medium sized onion, diced
- 8 oz batch yellow rice (like Zatarain’s)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 15 oz can corn, drained
I have a feeling that even your pickiest eaters will love this casserole. It is just like the one my grandma used to make for me! And, now that I am sharing the recipe, you have no excuse not to make it. It takes no time at all to throw it together. Even if you have 4 kids.
How to Make Cheesy Chicken and Rice in the Slow Cooker:
- Dice up an onion and add that to the slow cooker with chicken and soup.
- Cook on low 3-4 hours or high 6-8 hours.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, prepare rice and add it to the slow cooker along with corn and cheese.
- Stir and allow the casserole to heat through, about 20 minutes.
Some of our other popular chicken slow cooker meals:
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Slow Cooker Meal
- Slow Cooker
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 medium onion diced
- 8 oz yellow rice like Zatarain's, prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 15 oz canned corn drained
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker. Add diced onion and soup.
- Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Shred the chicken. Add rice, cheese and corn. Stir and cover.
- Let heat through and serve.
If you try this, come back and let us know what you think! And be sure to visit Mandy’s Recipe Box! You may also like these recipes: