One bite of our Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice will have you adding it to your dinner rotation. This easy, cheesy chicken casserole is as easy to make as it is amazing!
Hey friends, we’re back today with a delicious, comforting slow cooker recipe that you will not be able to stop making: Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice. It’s one of my favorite things to make in a slow cooker.
Speaking of slow cooker meals, you should also try these Healthy Buffalo Chicken Bowls – seriously, check out the reviews on this recipe. Buffalo Chicken Bowls are always a winner! To see all of our easy slow cooker recipes browse our Dinner category.
I have a feeling that even your pickiest eaters will love this dinner. It is just like the one my grandma used to make for me! And, now that I am sharing the recipe, you have no excuse not to make it. It takes no time at all to throw it together.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Meal
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- cream of chicken soup
- medium onion, diced
- yellow rice (like Zatarain’s)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- canned corn
How to Make Cheesy Chicken and Rice in the Slow Cooker:
- Dice onion.
- Add chicken to the bottom of a slow cooker. Pour cream of chicken soup and diced onion on top of chicken. Slow cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3 hours. Prepare yellow rice while the chicken is cooking.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, shred it up with a fork.
- Wash and chop broccoli and spinach, or any other optional add-ins you want to throw in.
- 5. Add rice, corn, cheese to the slow cooker with the chicken. Stir.
- 6. Add in any extra veggies you want to add like broccoli or spinach. Stir again.
Cook chicken and rice mixture in the slow cooker on high until cheese is melty and the dish is heated through, for about 20 minutes. Serve!
Make Ahead Instructions:
- Prepare one recipe yellow rice up to two days before, and cook chicken, according to the directions above, up to one day before. Shred chicken and keep refrigerated.
- On the day of serving, add chicken, rice, and other ingredients to the slow cooker until cheese is melty and the whole dish is heated through. Serve!
Some of our other popular chicken slow cooker meals:
If you try this recipe, please leave us a comment and a positive review! They mean so much to us.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Dinner
- Slow Cooker
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker. Add diced onion and cream of chicken soup on top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Prepare 1 recipe yellow rice or, if using a box, according to box directions.
- Shred the cooked chicken. Add prepared rice, cheese, corn, and any optional veggies like broccoli or spinach. Stir and cover.
- Allow cheese to melt and the whole dish to heat through. Serve.
This recipe was originally published in 2015 by recipe contributor Mandy’s Recipe Box, and has been updated with new photos and more detailed information. If you like this, check out some of Mandy’s other tasty recipes: Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas, Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta, or Pumpkin Sugar Cookies.