I have a S’mores obsession y’all. The weird thing is that I’m not that into real s’mores, just their ingredients. I have seen S’moreos (s’mores made with oreos instead of graham crackers) floating around the internet lately and I decided to see if a home-made oreo cookie would be good with those flavors. Soft devil’s food cake cookies filled with marshmallow cream-cheese frosting, and then rolled in crushed golden grahams? Yeah, it’s fantastic.
The cookie these are based on are one of my favorite treats ever, and are commonly referred to as “homemade oreos” even though they are ten times more delicious than any oreo ever was.
Devil's Food Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 Box Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 7.5 oz jar Jet Puffed Marshmallow Creme
- 8 oz . cream cheese
- Powdered Sugar to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl. This cookie dough is super thick so the best way I've found to mix it well is to use thoroughly washed hands!
- Roll dough into small dough balls and place on cookie sheets covered with parchment paper (about 12 to a sheet.)
- Bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Let cool for about 3 mintues before moving to cooling racks.
- Add Marshmallow Creme and cream cheese to a bowl and use a hand mixer to mix well until it's fluffy. Slowly add powdered sugar, to taste.
- Crush 1 cup Golden Grahams cereal into small bits. Make sandwiches with cookies and marshmallow cream cheese frosting, then roll in crushed cereal. Enjoy!
They are a vision, aren’t they?
S’moreo Sandwich Cookies! I really have to toot my own horn about coming up with these on my own. I really love them and will be making them again very soon!
Are you a s’mores lover? Do you prefer real s’mores over impostor cookies like these? (Just say no.)
P.S. You should check out these too…