These Cadbury Mini Egg Brownies are the ultimate Easter treat!
This past weekend I was craving chocolate so hard. I was at the grocery store, and there were the Cadbury mini eggs, just staring at me. So, I bought them. I decided to put them on top of some brownies with cream cheese frosting making them the ultimate Easter brownie. Sooo you could say they are a hit! First of all, have you ever put cream cheese frosting on brownies? You should do it. It’s life-changing. The mini eggs take them over the top but in a really good way. I just hope you have a glass of milk (or a Diet Dr. Pepper) handy because these babies are RICH.
Look how cute they are! You can’t even tell it’s brownies under there but maybe that makes it an even better surprise? I made my frosting pink to compliment the pink and white toned mini eggs – the natural off-white color of cream cheese frosting wasn’t working with them. I thought briefly about green, but I didn’t want anyone to mistake it for mint frosting. (The horror.) Nor did I want blue, because I’ve made blue frosting a few times and it always kind of looks like toothpaste. Not super appetizing. So yeah. I think pink is the best frosting color…
I use a box mix to make brownies, because honestly, I love my Pillsbury box mixes and if I love it then why would I bother to mix them up from scratch!? haha. If you are a from-scratch brownie maker, I salute you, and you can totally make this recipe that way, too.
Cadbury Mini Egg Brownies
- 1 box Fudge brownie mix
- 1 8 oz block Cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 1-2 cups Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3-5 drops Food coloring optional
- 1 bag Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Prepare brownies according to box directions, and allow them to fully cool.
- While brownies are cooking, make cream cheese frosting.
- Add softened cream cheese and coconut oil into a large mixing bowl. Beat with a hand mixer til smooth.
- Slowly add powdered sugar until desired thickness.
- Mix in vanilla extract and food coloring.
- When brownies are cooled, spread frosting over the whole pan.
- Add Cadbury Mini Eggs to the top. Devour!
You may also want to check out these other fun Easter treats that feature everyone’s favorite Cadbury mini eggs:
I am a brownie ADDICT, I’m not exaggerating. So if you need some more brownie recipes, girl, I gotchu!