There is nothing quite like a phenomenal brownie. At least, not in my humble estimation. Also, I would argue that to qualify as an extraordinarily good brownie, one must have ample chocolate frosting. And nuts. Yes, definitely nuts. Then something to take it over the top. Would you like to know what drives these rocky road brownies to be a remarkable home run? Why it’s the marshmallow layer… obviously.
They are made on a cookie sheet, which is code for “invite your friends over” or “get your stretchy pants on,” because this recipe makes a bunch.
And just so you know, this is not our one and only brownie recipe. We are brownie LOVERS so you may also want to check out:
(See, I wasn’t kidding. We like our brownies!)
Here’s a question for you.. how many pictures of these rocky road brownies is too many?
I told you I don’t skimp on frosting!
Happy eating friends.
Rocky Road Brownies
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Brownies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend together melted butter and cocoa until smooth. Gradually add in flour and sugar.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Remove brownies from oven and quickly cover evenly with the entire back of mini marshmallows. Return to oven for 2-3 minutes, until marshmallows are soft and melty.
- Let brownies cool completely while you make the frosting.
For the Frosting
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Spread frosting over cooled marshmallow layer, and cover with nuts! Enjoy!