Our Rocky Road Brownies recipe is over the top delicious with the perfect brownie covered in a marshmallow layer and slathered with the best chocolate frosting and nuts.
There is nothing quite like a phenomenal brownie. At least, not in my humble estimation. Also, I would argue that to qualify as an extraordinarily good brownie, one must have ample chocolate frosting.
And nuts. Yes, definitely nuts. Then something to take it over the top. Would you like to know what drives these rocky road brownies to be a remarkable home run? Why it's the marshmallow layer... obviously.
Rocky Road Brownies
We really like our brownies around here. If you are new you will definitely want to look into our Texas Trash Brownies, our yummy Red Velvet Brownies or if it's pumpkin season these Pumpkin Swirl Brownies for sure.
You can also check out our entire dessert gallery for tons of other mouth watering homemade treat ideas.
Brownie Rocky Road
Our rocky road brownies are made on a cookie sheet, which is code for "invite your friends over" or "get your stretchy pants on," because this recipe makes a bunch.
I love that I always have some leftover to share with friends.
Here is a simple pictorial, but scroll down for a full video if you are a visual person.
Top Left - Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Blend together melted butter and cocoa until smooth. Gradually add in flour and sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined. Your batter will be thick.
Middle - Remove brownies from oven and quickly cover evenly with the entire back of mini marshmallows. Return to oven for 2-3 minutes.
Bottom Left - Marshmallows should be soft and melty and kind of spread together. Do not spread with a spatula.
Bottom Right - Let brownies cool completely while you make the frosting. Once cooled, frost directly over the top of the marshmallow layer and top with chopped pecans.
Rocky Road Brownie Recipe
If you make this recipe and enjoy it we'd love for you to leave us a positive comment and review, they mean so much to us!
Rocky Road Brownies
For the Brownies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend together melted butter and cocoa until smooth. Gradually add in flour and sugar.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined. Your batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into a greased cookie sheet. You may need to use a spatula to flatten batter evenly to all corners of the pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Remove brownies from oven and quickly cover evenly with the entire back of mini marshmallows. Return to oven for 2-3 minutes, until marshmallows are soft and melty. Don't spread with a spatula.
- Let brownies cool completely while you make the frosting.
For the Frosting
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Spread frosting over cooled marshmallow layer, and cover with nuts. Enjoy!
Happy eating friends, we hope you love this rocky road brownie recipe.
This post was originally published May 9, 2016 and has been updated with better photos, video and more detailed information.