You will love this semi-homemade pot pie! It has all the hearty delicious flavors a homemade pot pie has, with minimal effort!
I love meals that are semi-homemade. You get the freshness and high quality of a delicious home cooked meal, with just a little more effort than it takes to pull something out of the freezer. Pot pie is a classic American comfort food and it seems like it should be super time consuming to make, but this recipe eliminates a few of the more tedious steps (like making your own pie crusts and chopping and cooking veggies) and not only is it easy, it is oh so delicious!
It’s also a great dinner to prepare for company, because it looks like you went to a great effort, and tastes fabulous! Not to mention, you can easily prepare this the night before or the morning of and keep it in the fridge until you are ready to bake it!
Oh, and it saves and reheats fabulously!
Here’s the recipe that will rock your world!
Semi-Homemade Pot Pie
You will love this semi-homemade pot pie! It has all the hearty delicious flavors a homemade pot pie has, with minimal effort!Print Pin Rate
- 2 1/2 cups shredded chicken breast
- 1 package 2 pie crusts
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sliced mushroom
- 2 cups frozen mixed veggies
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- Prepare your bottom pie crust as directed on package.
- On stove top, heat butter and onion until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk. Stir constantly until thickened.
- Add in chicken and veggies. Remove from heat and spoon mixture into bottom crust.
- Cut slits (or carve design) into your top crust and lay on top of your pot pie.
- Cook at 425 degrees for 30-40 minutes and enjoy!
Saves well in the fridge up to a week!
Calories: 602kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 883mg | Potassium: 444mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3470IU | Vitamin C: 10.4mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 3.6mg
I really hope you love this meal as much as we do!