I can’t believe that I am just now getting around to sharing this recipe with you all! These Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps are one of my husband’s (and my) FAVORITE meals ever. We make it very regularly, and it never gets old. It’s healthy, it’s delicious, it’s easy, and comes together in about 30 minutes making it the perfect dinner for a weeknight. It’s also great for meal prepping for lunches throughout the week.
The sweet and crunchy, spicy and peanutty sauce that this dish has makes you forget you are eating chicken and vegetables! I love anything that makes me forget it’s actually healthy! haha. We made a quick video to show you how easy it is, scroll down to the recipe card to see it!
I was first introduced to these by Lauren from the blog Tastes Better from Scratch. Her recipe is SO good and the first time I made it my husband immediately asked if we had the ingredients to make more! Over the years we have made it so often that we’ve heavily adapted it, as will happen with any recipe you make over and over. But I have to thank her for the introduction and I definitely recommend you try that one too!
This really is so easy to make! To save time on prep, a lot of the time I will buy carrots already julienned, onions pre-chopped, and I like to use ground chicken when I can find it. That is a HUGE time-saver! When I can’t find that, I will chop my chicken into big chunks and throw it in the food processor for a bit until I get small enough pieces. This works best if chicken is very cold. So if you are using frozen chicken breasts, do it before they are fully thawed.
The other thing I want you to know is which sweet chili sauce to buy. It should be in the Thai food section of the grocery store, and ideally the word ‘sweet’ should be there. There is ‘sweet chili sauce,’ and there is ‘chili garlic sauce.’ They are usually found near each other. Mix them up, and you will have a wayyyy spicier dish. Not that I know from experience or anything. If you can’t find it in your store, it’s on Amazon!
Here are a few links to things I use to make this recipe! Some of them are affiliate links.
I hope you will love these easy chicken lettuce wraps!
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or canola oil
- 2 lbs ground chicken or 4-5 large chicken breasts, chopped into small pieces
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 sweet onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup carrots julienned
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 3 green onions diced
- Bib or Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- 3 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro optional
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, garlic, onions, salt and pepper and stir occasionally, until chicken is cooked through. Add the carrots, zucchini, and green onions, cooking an additional 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl combine the sweet chili sauce, chunky peanut butter, and soy sauce. Stir until smooth. Add to the chicken and vegetables, stir until blended in and heated through. Add cilantro to taste. Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and enjoy!
Check out some of our other easy dinner recipes: