Sweet and spicy Thai chicken lettuce wraps are an easy and healthy meal, perfect for busy nights or meal prepping for lunches throughout the week!
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps are one of our FAVORITE meals ever. It's healthy, delicious, easy, and comes together in about 30 minutes making it the perfect dinner for a weeknight.
The sweet and crunchy, spicy, peanutty sauce that this dish has makes you forget you are eating chicken and vegetables!
Lettuce wraps are also a good option for meal-prepping lunches throughout the week.
Thai Chicken Wrap Ingredients
- olive oil
- ground chicken
- sweet onion
- green onions
- Iceberg, Bib or Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- sweet chili sauce
- crunchy peanut butter
- soy sauce
What sweet chili sauce should I use?
The other thing I want you to know is which sweet chili sauce to buy. It should be in the Thai food section of the grocery store, and ideally the word 'sweet' should be there. There is 'sweet chili sauce,' and there is 'chili garlic sauce.' They are usually found near each other. Mix them up, and you will have a wayyyy spicier dish. Not that I know from experience or anything. If you can't find it in your store, it's on Amazon!
Here are a few links to things I use to make this recipe! Some of them are affiliate links.
How to Make Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Wash and dry vegetables.
- Shred carrots and zucchini. Mince garlic. Finely chop onion, cilantro, and green onion. Set bib lettuce or romaine lettuce leaves aside on a separate plate.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken, garlic, onions, salt, and pepper and stir occasionally until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the carrots, zucchini, and green onions, cooking an additional 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl combine the sweet chili sauce, chunky peanut butter, and soy sauce. Stir until smooth.
- Add to the chicken and vegetables, stir until blended in and heated through.
- Add cilantro to taste.
- Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and enjoy!
How to meal prep Thai Chicken Wraps
- Prepare the filling and the lettuce leaves as you would normally.
- Separate the filling into multiple air-tight containers. After washing and drying lettuce leaves, store them in air-tight containers or ziplock bags.
Thai Lettuce Wraps Recipe Tips
This really is so easy to make!
- To save time on prep, a lot of the time I will buy carrots already julienned, onions pre-chopped, and I like to use ground chicken when I can find it. That is a HUGE time-saver!
- When I can't find that, I will chop my chicken into big chunks and throw it in the food processor for a bit until I get small enough pieces. This works best if chicken is very cold. So if you are using frozen chicken breasts, do it before they are fully thawed.
How to Store Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Store Separately: Keep the lettuce leaves separate from the filling until ready to eat.
- Refrigerate: Store prepared filling and leaves separately in the refrigerator, tightly covered, until you're ready to enjoy them.
Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps FAQs
It's recommended to reheat the chicken mixture separately and assemble fresh wraps to maintain the lettuce's crispness.
Yes, ground turkey or tofu can be used as an alternative to ground chicken.
Serve with steamed rice or quinoa on the side.
Iceberg lettuce is a popular choice for lettuce wraps because of its shape and crispness. You can also use bib lettuce or romaine lettuce leaves.
Dry Leaves Thoroughly: Pat lettuce leaves dry with a paper towel before assembling wraps.
I hope you will love these easy chicken lettuce wraps!
Thai Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, garlic, onions, salt and pepper and stir occasionally, until chicken is cooked through. Add the carrots, zucchini, and green onions, cooking an additional 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl combine the sweet chili sauce, chunky peanut butter, and soy sauce. Stir until smooth. Add to the chicken and vegetables, stir until blended in and heated through. Add cilantro to taste. Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and enjoy!
Check out some of our other easy dinner recipes: