Better than Anything Cake (aka Better than Sex Cake) is a chocolate poke cake made with homemade caramel sauce, whipped cream and heath chips. This cake recipe is EASY and so delicious, you won’t be able to stay away.
Some people call this ‘Better than Sex Cake’ but we call it Better Than Anything Cake.
This is one of the most requested cake recipes at our house. It’s a chocolate poke cake, meaning you poke holes in the cake and then pour caramel sauce and sweetened condensed milk over it. Those toppings soak into the cake, making it completely irresistible. I try to only make it for a party or a big gathering so it’s gone quickly. Otherwise, the leftovers call to me from the fridge. It’s just. so. good. Did I mention it is like, the world’s easiest cake to make?
Our Latest Videos
Chocolate Poke Cake Ingredients
- Chocolate Cake Mix (and anything listed in the instructions)
- Caramel Sauce
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Whipped Cream
- Chopped up Candy Bar or Heath Bits for topping
Do you need to make Homemade Caramel Sauce?
No, you can use store-bought caramel sauce if you want to, but I prefer to make a batch of Aunt Val’s Caramel sauce. It is really easy to make, and SO much better than anything that comes in a jar.
The heath bar bits on top are so good, I am tempted to add twice as many next time! If you don’t have a package of heath bits, you can chop up your favorite candy bar, use chocolate chips, or drizzle extra caramel all over it!
Consider trying some of our other easy cake recipes:
- The World’s Best Red Velvet Cake
- Texas Sheet Cake
- Chocolate Pumpkin Cake
- Easy Banana Cake with Vanilla Glaze
Better Than ANYTHING Cake
- Prepare chocolate cake according to box directions.
- While the cake is baking, prepare home made caramel sauce and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- After removing cake from the oven, let it cool for five minutes.
- Use a fork or toothpick to poke small holes about an inch apart over the entire cake.
- Pour caramel over the top of cake, then pour sweetened condensed milk over that.
- Let cake cool completely.
- Spread cool whip over the top of the cake.
- Sprinkle heath bits over the cake for garnish.
I hope you love it as much as we do!!