Halloween Muddy Buddies (also known as puppy chow) are one of our families’ favorite movie night treats! Throw together a batch of this Halloween Chex Mix and turn on Hocus Pocus for a great family night activity.
Muddy buddies are one of our families’ favorite treats, because they are so easy that the kids can make them all by themselves! I love them because they are simple to customize for various holidays and special occasions. Anything easy and festive is a win in my book.
Halloween Muddy Buddies
To make this Halloween puppy chow, we just used our favorite regular muddy buddy recipe (see below) and then added in candy corn, Halloween colored M&M’s, and little edible eyeballs.
If you enjoy fun and easy holiday treats we have tons of other Halloween ones! Be sure to check out our Mummy Brownies, cute Spider Cookies, Frankenstein Rice Krispy Treats, Halloween Dirt Cups or our Candy Corn Jello!
Halloween Puppy Chow
Okay you ready to see for yourself just how easy this Halloween Chex Mix is to whip together? Let’s do this.
Top Left – Add Chex cereal to a large bowl.
Top Right – In a smaller microwaveable bowl add chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter.
Middle Left – Melt in 15 second intervals, stirring well in between. Add in vanilla.
Middle Right – Pour chocolate mixture over Chex cereal and stir to coat.
Bottom Left – Add powdered sugar and stir to combine. You can also pour your chocolate covered Chex into a ziplock bag and add powered sugar into that. Zip bag closed and shake until well coated.
Bottom Right – Add in candy corn, Halloween colored M&M’s and candy eye balls. Enjoy!
Halloween Chex Mix
If you make this recipe and enjoy it, we would love for you to leave us a positive comment and review! They mean so much to us.
Halloween Chex Mix
- 9 Cups Chex Cereal
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips We like to do 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup semi sweet.
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter Creamy
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Candy Corn
- 1/2 Cup Halloween M&M's
- 2 Tablespoons Edible Eye Candies
- Add Chex cereal into a large bowl.
- In a smaller microwaveable bowl add peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips. Melt in 15 second intervals, stirring well between each time.
- Stir in vanilla. Then pour chocolate mixture over Chex and stir until well coated.
- Add Chex mixture into a large ziplock bag and add in powdered sugar. Close bag and shake until well coated.
- Pour Chex mix back into a large bowl or onto a cookie sheet, and add in all the Halloween candies.
- Store muddy buddies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, or in the freezer for up to two months.