Halloween Puppy chow (also known as muddy buddies) are one of our favorite movie night treats! Throw together a batch of this Halloween Chex Mix and turn on Hocus Pocus for a great family night activity.
Puppy Chow is one of our favorite treats, because it's are so easy that the kids can make it all by themselves! Plus, it's simple to customize for various holidays and special occasions. Anything easy and festive is a win in my book.
Halloween Puppy Chow
What is Halloween Puppy Chow?
We take classic Puppy chow, which is Chex cereal covered in melted chocolate and peanut butter and then coated in powdered sugar. Then, we add three special ingredients:
These three things make it into a sweet Halloween Chex Mix.
If you enjoy fun and easy holiday treats, we have tons of other Halloween recipes as well! Be sure to check out our Mummy Brownies, cute Spider Cookies, Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats, Halloween Dirt Cups or our Candy Corn Jello!
How to Make Halloween Chex Mix
Let me show you just how easy this Halloween treat is to whip together.
Top Left - Add Chex cereal to a large bowl.
Top Right - In a smaller microwaveable bowl add chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter.
Middle Left - Melt in 15 second intervals, stirring well in between. Add in vanilla.
Middle Right - Pour chocolate mixture over Chex cereal and stir to coat.
Bottom Left - Add powdered sugar and stir to combine. You can also pour your chocolate covered Chex into a ziplock bag and add powered sugar into that. Zip bag closed and shake until well coated.
Bottom Right - Add in candy corn, Halloween colored M&M's and candy eye balls. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe and enjoy it, we would love for you to leave us a comment and a positive review! They mean so much to us.
Halloween Chex Mix
- Add Chex cereal into a large bowl.
- In a smaller microwaveable bowl add peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips. Melt in 15 second intervals, stirring well between each time.
- Stir in vanilla. Then pour chocolate mixture over Chex and stir until well coated.
- Add Chex mixture into a large ziplock bag and add in powdered sugar. Close bag and shake until well coated.
- Store muddy buddies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, or in the freezer for up to two months.