This easy, cheesy breakfast casserole with sausage, eggs and veggies is to die for! You will want to make this delicious breakfast casserole recipe again and again!
*This post contains affiliate links.
Ingredients for Breakfast Casserole
- Sausage (we like Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage for this casserole)
- Red and Green Peppers
- Mushrooms (optional)
- Sour Cream (light)
How long will this breakfast casserole last in the fridge?
It will stay good for 3-4 days in the fridge.
Our Latest Videos
Can you freeze breakfast casserole?
Breakfast casserole can be frozen for up to two months after baking. Cover very tightly with plastic wrap and foil before storing your casserole in the freezer.
Items we use to make this recipe:
Check out these easy breakfast recipes too:
Best Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 24 oz pre-cooked sausage
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream I use light
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 16 oz mushrooms optional
- 2 cups grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Chop sausage, onion, peppers and mushrooms.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs, sour cream and cheese.
- Once egg mixture is thoroughly mixed, add sausage and veggies. Pour into your prepared dish.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until cooked through.
This recipe was originally published in June 2013, and has been updated.