In need of healthy breakfast recipes? Here are tons of really great healthy breakfast ideas that are good for you and don’t take hours of prep before sunrise.
I have something to admit. In the past I never used healthy breakfast recipes. In fact, I’m a serial breakfast skipper. If I do eat breakfast, my meal of choice is the closest bowl of cereal I can find with the most sugar possible, and that’s not really much better than skipping it entirely. I am in major need of healthy breakfast ideas!
Healthy Breakfast Ideas
One of my resolutions this year was to eat breakfast every day (not many people make goals to eat more now do they? I highly recommend it) and I have to admit, I’m a happier person when I have had a delicious breakfast.
The reality is there are tons of really great ideas out there for breakfasts that are good for you and don’t take hours of prep before sunrise. Have a look through this list and see if you can find a few that inspire your morning meal planning.
To start off with a few of our own favorite healthy breakfast recipes, you will love our easy avocado toast or our delicious chunky strawberry bowl copycat! Or you can check out our entire breakfast category here!
Healthy Breakfast Recipes
I broke all these healthy breakfast recipes down into categories to make this post easier to navigate! Scroll through to see different options for healthy egg recipes, smoothies, muffins and more!
- Very few things say “delicious healthy breakfast” like a quiche. Even the name sounds decadent but this Quiche with Hashbrown Crust is so incredibly easy to put together!
- Nothing says easy breakfast like a Make Ahead Breakfast Wrap. They’re a great option to make once a week and then throw at family members as they rush out the door in the morning.
- Another super simple option are these Healthy Breakfast Cups. I love that they’re completely customizable. You can pretty much put any veggies you like or have in your kitchen in them and they’ll still be amazing .
- Eggs are such a great way to give yourself a protein punch at the beginning of the day and I love the idea of this healthy Quinoa Egg Scramble from Krolls Korner.
- You know if we’re talking about easy recipes one of them has to be an Instant Pot recipe. This Instant Pot Breakfast Egg Casserole from Lemons for Lulu looks like one of the fastest ways to put together a delicious breakfast casserole .
- You guys, overnight oats are the best! Nothing beats waking up to a delicious batch of these Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats, and they’re so easy to prep the night before for a really fast option the next morning.
- I’m not the only one who loves apples and peanut butter right? If you haven’t tried it yet, you have to. This Apple Peanut Butter Overnight Oats recipe from Happy Healthy Mama is a great place to start if you need some help.
- Cookie dough for breakfast. I know. Don’t need to hear any more. I can’t wait to try these Cookie Dough Overnight Oats from Nutrition in the Kitchen. And guess what? it’s vegan. It’s unbelievable.
- Not only do these Raspberry Coconut Overnight Oats from Savory Nothings look absolutely stunning visually, they also look plain old delicious.
- Tell me this doesn’t sound like dessert instead of breakfast: Cherry Vanilla Dark Chocolate Overnight Oats. Seriously! I can’t wait to try this one from Recipe Runner.
- Lets start off strong with our FAVORITE Green Smoothie Recipe. This recipe has been kid approved, and is a great way to start the day with a bunch of fruits and veggies (bonus: this one’s dairy free).
- I personally love smoothies that have a good portion of oats. They keep you full longer and they still taste so delish. I love this Strawberry Peach Smoothie. It’s also a great option to make during those months when fresh fruit is hard to come by or more expensive, as it uses frozen strawberries and canned peaches and is still amazing.
- Here’s another admission, I sometimes have a hard time eating green smoothies just because they’re green. You can hardly taste the spinach most of the time, but something about drinking something that color can sometimes turn me off. This Triple Berry Spinach Smoothie doesn’t look or taste like spinach, but still gives you all the benefits of eating spinach for breakfast!
- If you’re looking for another heavy duty but delicious smoothie you’ve got to see this Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie. This is a great one to sneak all kinds of healthy nutrients into and will STILL taste amazing.
- You guys, I LOVE peanut butter in smoothies! It’s such a great way to add protein and still maintain the yum factor. And this Chocolate Peanut Butter Power Smoothie has a secret ingredient, tofu. I know! You have GOT to try it.
Cookies and Muffins
- you won’t believe how healthy our Healthy Breakfast Cookies are! They look so delicious and one of the main ingredients, is a vegetable. It’s wild. They also keep really well in the freezer, so they’re great to make a giant batch of and parcel out throughout the month (or the week, cause there’s no way they’ll last longer than that).
- Easy is the key word here. These Peanut Butter Muffins can be made in one. bowl. That’s what I like to hear .
- How gorgeous are these Oatmeal Banana Bars? These accomplish so many things, healthy, portable, easy, and they get rid of any overripe bananas you might have.
- Again going down the banana route, these Banana Oatmeal Cups are great, and their ingredient list is so short. Most of the ingredients I keep on hand in my pantry anyway, so they’re easy to throw together on a weekend so I’ve got something ready for those busy mornings.
- These Green Spinach Banana Muffins look like delicious little emeralds! They’re so delicious and are a great grab and go option that is still a great serving of your fruits and veggies in the morning.
- Of course the classic yogurt breakfast option is a delicious parfait. We’ve put together some of our favorite Yogurt Parfait Ideas to keep things interesting.
- Sometimes the best option is a simple one, these delicious Special K Breakfast Bowls are a great way to throw together something delicious and still good for you in minutes.
- I can’t believe how easy these Frozen Banana Yogurt Bites from Eats Amazing look. 3 ingredients, and then they can go in the freezer until you’re ready to grab and go in the morning.
- How good does a Breakfast Yogurt Popsicle sound from I Heart Nap Time for a busy summer morning? I can just see pulling one out of the fridge on my way to an early morning swim meet or before a long relaxing beach day.
- Something about a recipe that tricks my brain into thinking I’m having dessert for breakfast just sounds really appealing to me! I can’t wait to try out these Breakfast Banana Splits from Art From My Table. I have a feeling they’d be a huge hit with the kids as well.
Well we hope you loved these healthy breakfast ideas! Let us know in the comments which ones are your favorites!